Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Glad to be 28!!!

Yep, you read right. I am glad to be 28. And even more glad that I'm not a teenager.

And what made me think of this?

While reading facebook i came across this cute "pucker lips picture". (Sorry Syd. your picture was perfect for my post)

and I thought to myself "These girls would look so much cuter with big smiles on their faces."

What is wrong with a cute smile? I imagine that they believe that it gives them an aura of sophistication and maturity. I just want to tell them “It's okay to look happy and fun, guys will still like you.” Did they ever think that guys are sick of seeing the same look on every girls face.

Then I began thinking about how I would hate to look down and see that the extension of my arm wasn’t my wrist, but a cell phone. To know that if I were to misplace my phone it could cost me my social life. I liked that when a boy asked me on a date he really had to talk to me. And if some immature pubescent wanted to tell me he liked me there was no way he could be telling ten other girls at the same time through a mass text.

Well, call me old fashioned but I didn't take every High School picture with my lips puckered, I didn't meet Ben on-line, and the first time he told me he loved me I wasn't reading it, and that's how it should be! (please don't be offended if you do or have done any of the above)

Oh and on a side note; 28 is way better than 30!

6 comments:

KaraCampbell said...

Amen! To everything you said! I was in college when texting boomed I think I drove my friends insane when I would call them after receiving a text. I wasn't a fan. I'm thinking it's time for me to make more of an effort and make more phone calls instead of sending texts.

Blondemom said...

So agree... texting has a place but people get out of hand with it, I think as time passes, kids will not really learn how to socialize with one another in person, kinda sad... Oh the good ole' days...

kate said...

That's hilarious!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

What a great post Kim. I am proud to be an 80's child as well. I'm pretty old-school even now and I really only text if someone texts me. The world is a changed place.. and I'm not sure it's for the better either.

Brittany said...

I love it! That is so funny...

Kate said...

funny, Kim. You have so much wisdom to offer the world, I think they should call you to serve in the young womens. ha ha. Just kidding they better leave you in primary as long as i'm there.
p.s. this post reminded me of when we went swimming and saw those bikini girls sunbathing and laughed at how different life is for us and them Good times.